[Rcpp-devel] Linking Rcpp and libcmaes within a package

Marie-Pierre ETIENNE marie.etienne at agroparistech.fr
Fri May 1 19:03:34 CEST 2015

Oups I put my answer to your comments in the body of the mail and therefore it is almost invisible.

So I tried to apply your suggestion and I still have the same error

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :  unable to load shared object '/home/metienne/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.1/testCMaes/libs/testCMaes.so': libcmaes.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Error: loading failed
I'm absolutely not confortable with this, so I wonder if libcmaes.so.0 should be copied in the
testCMaes package installation directory  or should testCMaes.so access to it in the standard directory ?

Regarding your comment on SystemRequirement, yes I am aware of the drawback of using external code. The libcmaes is distributed under LGPLv3 license, so I guess I should be allowed to internalise the library but ... one step at a time.
Anyway, thanks again for your advice. At least the global framework is cleaner.

Marie

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org