[Rcpp-devel] How to elevate privilege from within Rcpp?

Bhaskar V. Karambelkar bhaskarvk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 22:29:45 CET 2015

Nope I'm afraid no generalization trick. Basically I needed to open a RAW
socket which requires root access, but reading up on socket man page, I see
that now I can open a ICMP socket which is a new addition, and doesn't
require root and yet do what I want to do.

So just something that works for my particular case.

thanks
Bhaskar