[Rcpp-devel] symbols "major" and "minor" under C++11

Jack Wasey jack at jackwasey.com
Tue Mar 10 03:02:58 CET 2015

Dirk,

I'm on Rcpp 0.11.5

Here are the steps:

1. in R:
```
library(Rcpp)
Rcpp.package.skeleton(attributes = TRUE, example_code = TRUE,
name="majortest")
```

2. create majortest/src/Makevars containing:

```
PKG_CXXFLAGS = $(CXX1XSTD)
```

3. Edit rcpp_hello_world.cpp replacing:
```
List rcpp_hello_world() {
```
with
```
List rcpp_hello_world(CharacterVector major) {
```

4. both `devtools::load_all()` or `R CMD INSTALL majortest` then produce
the previously described compilation errors, with my compiler set to gcc
or clang.

Hope that helps.
Jack