[Rcpp-devel] Advice on making interface into existing C++ library

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jan 14 14:00:48 CET 2015

On 13 January 2015 at 08:51, Jeffrey Wong wrote:
| Thanks Dirk, would I still create a rcpp skeleton package and dump the *.cpp
| files into src, then just use Rcpp::export? What about all the .h files in that
| library?

Yes you need those too, either in the same directory or in one the compiler
is told as about as eg via PKG_CXXFLAGS = -I../../inst/include  as we often
do when export headers for use by other packages.

Rcpp has 321 reverse dependencies on CRAN. That is 321 worked, and working,
examples of how to do this.  Use them to your advantage.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org