[Rcpp-devel] RCPP, Rstudio, parallel

Maxime To maxime.to at outlook.fr
Mon Jan 12 20:03:29 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have a problem using simultaneously RCPP and Snow with Rstudio. The problem only appears when I use Rstudio, and the code runs well when using RGUI.
I wrote a cpp function that I want to run in parallel. So I use Snow and compile the function on each node as follow:

library(parallel)
library(Rcpp)
library(RcppArmadillo)
cl = makeCluster(nnodes, type = "SOCK")
clusterEvalQ(cl, library(Rcpp))
  clusterEvalQ(cl, library(RcppArmadillo))
  clusterEvalQ(cl, setwd(my_path))
  clusterEvalQ(cl[i], sourceCpp("Rcpp/function.cpp"))

The produced error is the following:

Error in checkForRemoteErrors(lapply(cl, recvResult)) :
  one node produced an error: Error 1 occurred building shared library.

Have you ever had this problem? Is it necessary to configure Rstudio in a particular way in order to make it work?
Thanks,

Maxime