[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp Armadillo's configure script's hashbang

Ze Loff zeloff+rcpp at zeloff.org
Sat Feb 28 20:34:33 CET 2015

Hi

Can #!/bin/bash be replaced by something more portable (e.g. #!/bin/sh)
on the configure script? Since I don't think that there are any
bash-isms on the configure script, and that most UNIX-like OS have
either some version of the Bourne Shell or link /bin/sh to a compatible
shell (e.g. OS X hardlinks /bin/sh to /bin/bash), I believe switching to
#!/bin/sh would improve portability.

(In my case, installation of RcppArmadillo failed on OpenBSD since I
don't have bash installed, but it installed fine from source after
changing to #!/bin/sh)

Cheers
Zé