[Rcpp-devel] Making R package with Rcpp Issue: Found '_ZSt4cout'

Daniel McCarthy danielmc999 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 16:19:22 CEST 2015

I am attempting to push a package to CRAN but am having the following issue
with the CRAN checks:

* using R version 3.1.3 (2015-03-09)* using platform:
x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64-bit)....* checking compiled code ... NOTEFile
'perccal/libs/i386/perccal.dll':
  Found '_ZSt4cout', possibly from 'std::cout' (C++)
    Object: 'dboot_multi.o'File 'perccal/libs/x64/perccal.dll':
  Found '_ZSt4cout', possibly from 'std::cout' (C++)
    Object: 'dboot_multi.o'

This post referenced a similar issue:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.rcpp/3071

A Google search seems to indicate many packages have similar notes:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Found+
'_ZSt4cout'+note+package

For example, bayes-tree:
http://www2.uaem.mx/r-mirror/bin/windows/contrib/3.1/check/BayesTree-check.log

This is the only note remaining -- everything else went through without
issue and '_ZSt4cout' was not part of any code that I had written. I am
importing Rcpp and RcppArmadillo for 2 functions used in the package. I am
stumped, but assume that I would not be allowed to push a package to CRAN
which has this note. Any help would be most appreciated!