[Rcpp-devel] RcppParallel on Solaris

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Apr 2 17:03:52 CEST 2015

On 2 April 2015 at 16:31, Romain Francois wrote:
| Would be useful to have a solaris machine on aws or whatever with R all these toils installed.
|
| I once had a virtual machine set up thanks to martyn but the user experience of virtualbox + keyboard conflicts with my french mac book keyboard was not that good.
|
| Does someone have the skills to set up a machine on aws once and (almost for all) ?
| Would someone be willing to pay for the machine ?

The R Foundation (and related entities) really should own this. We have some
paperwork to get out of the way first but given how "we all" suffer from
Solaris complaints it really should be possible to submit build jobs as we do
on Windows. Maybe by end-of-year.

If only we had someone with Solaris skills :-/ ... but maybe proper Unix
skills will do for creating / administering a build queue.

Dirk