[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp API Reference

Qiang Kou qkou at umail.iu.edu
Thu Sep 4 16:13:36 CEST 2014

It will be great, however, it is too hard to maintain a hand-crafted
document.

Rcpp is changing really rapidly.

For users who really need to know all the details of every class, I believe
they are comfortable with Doxygen.

For other users, the detailed documents for examples and testing may be
more necessary.

Best,

KK

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Tim Keitt <tkeitt at utexas.edu> wrote:

> This is tremendously helpful and exactly what is needed. Thank you for
> putting that together.
>
> THK
>

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Yixuan Qiu <yixuan.qiu at cos.name> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> I believe that everyone in this list has seen the benefit of using Rcpp
>> to incorporate C++ code and develop R packages, but it's also the fact that
>> currently there is rarely a complete reference which documents every detail
>> of the classes and functions inside Rcpp.
>> To make this situation a little bit better, recently I've created a
>> project that aims to accomplish this long run target. A quick view of what
>> it looks like is available at my site: http://statr.me/rcpp-note/
>> Basically it's like the Doxygen documentation, but the content here was
>> manually added rather than extracted from the Rcpp source code. For now
>> I've finished some of the most commonly used classes in Rcpp, and do hope
>> that more people are joining in, either by reviewing and correcting the
>> existing documentation, or contributing your own knowledge.
>> I wish this project would be helpful for those who want to use Rcpp in
>> their code and packages, and be more powerful and complete with the help of
>> you experts in this list. If you are also interested in, don't hesistate to
>> go to the project repository (https://github.com/yixuan/Rcpp-note),
>> reporting mistakes, contributing document or giving suggestions.
>> Happy Rcpping!
>>

>> Best,
>> Yixuan
>>
>> --
>> Yixuan Qiu <yixuan.qiu at cos.name>
>> Department of Statistics,
>> Purdue University

> http://www.keittlab.org/

Qiang Kou
qkou at umail.iu.edu
School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University