[Rcpp-devel] RcppModules with templated class

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Sep 1 15:09:52 CEST 2014

On 1 September 2014 at 13:40, Dr Gregory Jefferis wrote:
| I'm not sure that I understand this point, but it may be what I have
| already tried. What I was trying to do was write templated code, typedef
| two separate types one for double, one for float and then export each of
| them separately.

And I think I was trying to explain to you that
 - becase _R_ only knows double and
 - does dispatch by _name_ only
there is no clean way in which _Rcpp_ can maintain these as two distinct
versions under the same name.  In short, just because you can template at the
C++ level does not mean that Rcpp can shoehorn both variants up to
R-accessibility.

As always, I may of course be wrong and there might be a way.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org