[Rcpp-devel] Review request: Sandboxed R integration via RInside

Christian Authmann authmanc at Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de
Thu Nov 20 14:58:37 CET 2014

Hello,

I've developed a solution to integrate R into an application in a safer
way than the direct integration provided by RInside. It is conceptually
similar to RServe: the application does not link to R, but communicates
with a different process where R is running. Securing the separate
process is much easier.

Unlike RServe, my solution has the full power of Rcpp/RInside: one can
communicate custom data types, and one can even allow the R code to call
back into provided C++ functions.

I've made a pull request, but the code is complex enough to need a few
more eyes before merging. Please read and comment, either on github or
via email!

If you cannot comment on the code, but think this could be useful for
you, please let me know.

https://github.com/eddelbuettel/rinside/pull/8

Thanks!
Christian