[Rcpp-devel] "Error during wrapup"

John Mous john.mous0 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 16:31:47 CEST 2014

The object really is just built as part of the return statement. i.e. the
lines from my prior e-mail exist as-is in the full code, there's just more
that actually builds the variables X1-X4 beforehand. So I'm not sure where
to debug from the client side. I'm a C/C++ developer, but have no
experience with Rcpp internals or the general interface between R and C. I
can insert some debug statements on the Rcpp side if you can guide me to
where wrap is defined.

What Romain says makes sense to me, despite my lack of expertise in this
area.. the really intermittent nature of the problem and the fact that I
can't recreate it in a small / fast running example suggests that perhaps
this manifests when R happens to garbage collect at an unfortunate time (if
I understood correctly). Thanks again.