[Rcpp-devel] [OT] Asking for a quick OS X favour

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun May 11 18:24:10 CEST 2014

Hi Hao,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On 11 May 2014 at 09:00, Hao Ye wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| Did [2], then [1]. No build errors, but I get the following warnings:
|
| > checking hiredis/hiredis.h usability... configure: WARNING: Hiredis headers not found with via default CXXFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
| > configure: WARNING: manually trying /usr/local/include
| > configure: WARNING: Unsetting ac_cv_header_hiredis_hiredis_h

Ok, when I do 'make install' (or, in this case, make -n install) with hiredis
I get (showing the relevant two out of maybe twelve lines)

mkdir -p /usr/local/include/hiredis /usr/local/lib
cp -a hiredis.h async.h adapters /usr/local/include/hiredis

which is congruent with hiredis' Makefile which has

# Installation related variables and target
PREFIX?=/usr/local
INSTALL_INCLUDE_PATH= $(PREFIX)/include/hiredis

So why does the directory   /usr/include/hiredis   get omitted on OS X?

Dirk