[Rcpp-devel] R - couchbase R client using Rcpp

contact AG STUDY contact at ag-study.com
Tue Mar 18 17:56:52 CET 2014

Hi every body ,

I would like to use to create an R client for couchbase. ( let me know if
there is already an existing package)
My idea is to create a new R package based on the c library
libcouchbase<https://github.com/couchbase/libcouchbase>
.
This is what is already done for other wrappers in python,ruby,..
What is the best method to call the C code from Rcpp?
Can Iuse dyn.load('../../libcouchebase.so.2"), or should I copy all the c
code?
If I should copy , what part of code in the original code I need , src
folder and the makfile for example?
Is there any R/Rcpp package doing similar tasks ( a wrapper to a c library)
, that I can follow to start ?

Thank again for your help.

A.G