[Rcpp-devel] Reading and writing RDS file in Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jun 21 23:50:28 CEST 2014

On 21 June 2014 at 14:30, mh fe wrote:
|   Is there any way to read and write RDS file in Rcpp?

There is no C/C++ library or package that I know of -- but we now have the
package 'RApiSerialize' for C-leve serialization / deserialization.

It may now be as simple as opening a (compressed) rds file with fopen (or
gzopen), reading raw bytes and passing them to deserialize() -- but I have
not had any time to test this.

Reading the R sources may given an idea too...  It would be very useful to
have this at the C++ level.  Do you want to give it a try?

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org