[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: Re: Making objects in the C++ "side" persistent

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Wed Jun 18 17:47:38 CEST 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 09:09 +0900, Martin Jakt wrote:

> > > thanks. I think it would have taken me a long time to come up with that
> > > from the documentation. It seems curious there's no direct way.
> >
> > Yes... so it comes with the caveat that I'm not sure if this is
> > documented behavior
> > and the R developers might decide to change it (?)  If this is somehow
> > documented or if there is an Rcpp implementation which gets closer to
> > documented behavior I would love to know.
>
> that's a good point. Perhaps a question for the r-dev mailing group. I've not
> registered for it, but seems like it might be a good idea.

There is no R-level API for external pointers. You are expected to
questions like "is it null?" on the C side.

Martyn

This message and its attachments are strictly confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, please immediately notify
the sender and delete it. Since its integrity cannot be guaranteed,
its content cannot involve the sender's responsibility. Any misuse,
any disclosure or publication of its content, either whole or partial,
is prohibited, exception made of formally approved use