[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp release candidate

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:51:01 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 5 June 2014 at 09:05, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> | I am using  "R version 3.1.0 Patched (2014-05-09 r65562)" but its
> | working now so perhaps you changed more than described.
>
> We did not. I encourage you to learn about patch and diff, and/or commit logs
> which make it plain to see what changed.  That is what version control
> systems are for, and they are good at it.

All my R packages use svn, git or hg.   It may be that the latest
commit did not change anything for R 3.1.0 or later but the fact is
that the logs I posted clearly show that it failed before because the
-std option emitted was wrong for the latest Rtools on the first log
posted and now is correct so something has changed.

> It would also make your email-only contributions easier to use hence more
> likely to get adopted.
>

> On 5 June 2014 at 09:06, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> | Just to clarify the C++11 part is working now
>
> Very good. Thanks for catching that, and thanks for confirming.
>
> | but the choking on the vignette is still a problem.
>
> I will consider that your local problem as all this is working on CRAN and
> win-builder, and has for years.
>

> So unless I hear otherwise onwards with Rcpp 0.11.2 ...
>
> Dirk

Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
tel: 1-877-GKX-GROUP