[Rcpp-devel] Having trouble installing small package.

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 3 00:52:37 CEST 2014

Ilya,

On 2 June 2014 at 18:29, Ilya Kipnis wrote:
| As I'm rather new to the Rcpp paradigm, I'm having a bit of trouble doing an
| install on windows of one of the packages I developed on linux. It works fine
| on linux, but not on windows.
|
| Here's the command I'm running:
|
| install_github(repo="IKTrading", username="IlyaKipnis")
|
| I get a whole stream of errors too large to even copy and paste into a single
| post, and I'm not quite sure what's going wrong.
|
| I'd appreciate some assistance on this, if anyone knows what's wrong.
|
| For the record, my other package, DSTrading, installs just fine, and I used the
| same format and such. So I'm not sure what's going on.

Without error messages there is _nothing_ we can do for you.

My personal strategy would be to

  -- make the not-building package smaller by (temp.) deleting files

  -- start from a working package you get via Rcpp.package.skeleton

and have the two meet in the middle.  Then add the non-working files back in.