[Rcpp-devel] Rational number and the BH package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jul 10 18:27:46 CEST 2014

On 10 July 2014 at 18:00, Robin Girard wrote:
| Dear list, I want to use the rational number class from boost http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/libs/rational/rational.html
| to use it in my package (to be pushed on CRAN). Is BH cran compatible ?

Please define 'cran compatible'.

It has been on CRAN since Jan 2013, and has now had seven releases. Good enough?

| and is it planned to add rational to the BH package ?

If you look at the history of the BH package (very public on GitHub and
previously on R-Forge) you will see that we do respond to requests for
additions -- provided those 'fit' into the framework and are template-only.

We do currently have .../BH/include/boost/rational.hpp and glancing at the
page you link to above that is all there is for it. Grep sees no further
#include use for anything named ...rational... --- so why don't you just try BH?

Dirk

edd at max:~/git$ grep include /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/BH/include/boost/rational.hpp
//  Particular contributions included:
//   6 Mar 00  Fix operator-= normalization, #include <string> (Jens Maurer)
#include <iostream>              // for std::istream and std::ostream
#include <ios>                   // for std::noskipws
#include <stdexcept>             // for std::domain_error
#include <string>                // for std::string implicit constructor
#include <boost/operators.hpp>   // for boost::addable etc
#include <cstdlib>               // for std::abs
#include <boost/call_traits.hpp> // for boost::call_traits
#include <boost/config.hpp>      // for BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE, BOOST_MSVC
#include <boost/detail/workaround.hpp> // for BOOST_WORKAROUND
#include <boost/assert.hpp>      // for BOOST_ASSERT
#include <boost/math/common_factor_rt.hpp>  // for boost::math::gcd, lcm
#include <limits>                // for std::numeric_limits
#include <boost/static_assert.hpp>  // for BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT
// Control whether depreciated GCD and LCM functions are included (default: yes)
edd at max:~/git$

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org