[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp, Windows and CMake

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jan 29 22:32:49 CET 2014

On 29 January 2014 at 16:18, Jamie Olson wrote:
| Sorry, I think I just got confused.  I meant cross-compiling from
| linux with mingw since cygwin's cmake is giving me trouble, but it's
| probably more effort than it's worth to get the same compiler.

Yes.

Cross-compiling can work, but some of the version of gcc are more finicky
than other.  Eg Jeroen used the different mingw cross-compiler version on
Ubuntu to build a Windows library of Protocol Buffers which he then made
available to CRAN / win-builder.  So now we have Windows builds of RProtoBuf
too.

But he had to try three different ones. As I recall the 4.7.* variant worked,
the others lead to errors once used on Windows. But you'd have to ask him.

We are a little off-topic now as far as 'how do I use Rcpp' goes.

| Thanks for all your help!

My pleasure.