[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp, Windows and CMake

Jamie Olson jamie.f.olson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 17:05:14 CET 2014

Thanks Dirk, I'll take a stab with MSys.  Just wondering, though, why
then are the Rtools commands based on cygwin instead of MSys?

I thought that the RInside examples were to be built using Cygwin
because they use the "Unix Makefiles" generator.  I hadn't yet seen
anything to indicate that was possible on windows without cygwin.
>From the CMake wiki[http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Generator_Specific_Information#Makefile_generators]:

This generator generates Makefiles for make under Unix and also for
cygwin (i.e. with Unix paths)

Do "Unix Makefiles" work on MSys, too, or should I use "MinGW Makefiles"?

Thanks,
--Jamie
Jamie Olson