[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp version of c( )

Romain François romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Wed Jan 22 04:05:23 CET 2014

Hi,

There is a preliminary version of this in Rcpp11. For example:

#include <Rcpp.h>
using namespace Rcpp ;

// [[Rcpp::export]]
NumericVector test(){
  NumericVector x(10) ;
  NumericVector y(30) ;
  return NumericVector::concat(x, 2.0, y, 1.0) ;
}

So it handles (or at least it should):
 - compatible primitive (i.e. double in the case of NumericVector)
 - arbitrary compatible sugar expression

It is at least for now a static member function of the Vector class. Maybe it can be made a free function.

This is about 90 lines of C++11 code.

Romain