[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: Exposed class works within cpp func, bombs via module

Thell Fowler tbfowler4 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 19:56:05 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 26 February 2014 at 12:26, Thell Fowler wrote:
> | BTW - what was the fix/issue you tackled yesterday?  Possibly any relation?
>
> Unrelated, mostly, as it was a for loop with iterators using comparison
> (wrongly) and arithmetic on the iterator object.  In that case using
> old-school indices worked more reliably. Somewhat related in the sense that
> unnecessary complexity was added by trying to be clever via iterators.
>
> Here we don't know. It could be something in our backend, or it could be your
> code.
>
> Dirk
>
> --
> Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com

Good point regarding 'being clever' with the iterators.

Here's a small reproducible sample of without _anything_ else going on...

https://gist.github.com/Thell/9231866

Output::

> # Via Rcpp
> rcpp_BadIter(1)
Initializing:
  state.begin addr: 0x1d96b70
   state_iter addr: 0x1d96b70
Accessing:
  state.begin addr: 0x1d96b70
   state_iter addr: 0x1d96b70

> # Via R
> bi <- make_BadIter(1)
Initializing:
  state.begin addr: 0x24225d0
   state_iter addr: 0x24225d0

> bi$access( )
Accessing:
  state.begin addr: 0x4108c70
   state_iter addr: 0x24225d0
[1] 0

It looks like it is on the back-end to me...

--
Sincerely,
Thell