[Rcpp-devel] 0.11.0 error concerning enterRNGScope

Gregor Kastner gregor.kastner at wu.ac.at
Thu Feb 6 11:55:52 CET 2014

Dear all,

following the update to 0.11.0, my package stochvol is broken with the
following error:

checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ...
WARNING Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
function ‘enterRNGScope’ not provided by package ‘Rcpp’
Calls: loadNamespace -> library.dynam -> dyn.load
Execution halted

A namespace must be able to be loaded with just the base namespace
loaded: otherwise if the namespace gets loaded by a saved object, the
session will be unable to start.

Probably some imports need to be declared in the NAMESPACE file.

I tried to ask Uncle Google but did not find any suggestions of how to deal
with this error on my end of the line. Any pointers would be warmly welcome.

Thanks and best,
Gregor