[Rcpp-devel] Can one use both RcppArmadillo and RcppEigen in the same package?

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 21:00:50 CEST 2014

Good afternoon.

Can one use both RcppArmadillo and RcppEigen in the same package?I can
"source" both in RStudio and get the code to work, but when I try and
build, I get errors, probably because RcppEigen imports Rcpp and
RcppArmadillo complains about that.

The reason I am interested is to compare speed. I use a fast BLAS (OpenBLAS
2.10 compiled for Win764). For square symmetric matrices of size about 100
and smaller, the Eigen routine is faster, otherwise the Armadillo routine
seems to be faster.

Thank you.

Avi