[Rcpp-devel] initialising RInside crashes for some users

Jonathon Love jon at thon.cc
Fri Aug 22 17:22:39 CEST 2014

> Almost always an issue related to binary mismatch from components.

ok, ok, you were right again dirk. R was loading libraries from the
user directory, and these were linking back to the system R
installation, and not my curated private installation.

if anyone would follow in my unfortunate footsteps, i was able to
figure this out by setting OS X's environmental variable:

DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES

which outputs the names of the dylibs as they are loaded.

more details here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/dyld.1.html

many thanks

jonathon