[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: CRAN submission growfunctions 0.1

terrance savitsky tds151 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 20:31:09 CEST 2014

Dirk,  Thanks much for taking the time to investigate this issue.  I've
created a package (sparseList_1.0.tar.gz) with a minimal example of what
writing from a list of dgCMatrix matrices at the R layer to a
field<sp_mat>.  I had intended to install boot2docker and use load your
R-devel set-up to a container so that I could replicate the ASAN-generated
error.  Its taking me longer than I'd hoped, however, so - for now - I
include the package tarball with the minimal example and also an R script
(sparse_list_to_field.R) so that you may see what the function does.
Terrance​
 sparse_list_to_field.R
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0DIDcaf6yMwSUdWOVVSSFh4WHQ4YlZsR2tfQTVuVjMxTWZB/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
 sparseList_1.0.tar.gz
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0DIDcaf6yMwM1hzd2Y4TG9KSThnX2pYaVF2eGhiR2RVUVNV/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
​

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> Terrance,
>
> So I took a look with one of the prebuilt versions of R using the Docker
> container I prepare (see the blog / sanitizers write-up I linked to) as I
> realized that we had a Rcpp Gallery post similar to what that as<>
> conversion
> does.
>
> And no issue with that code.
>
> From a brief look at your package it seems like you are pushing the
> envelope
> a lot harder with fields and list of sparse matrices ( in dpmix.cpp, where
> another ASAN log pointed to ) so you may have to debug around there.
>
> A small reproducible example would surely help us. So far I don't have one
> for as<sp_mat>.
>
> Dirk

Thank you, Terrance Savitsky