[Rcpp-devel] Broken conversion from R-type integer to uvec after update to newer Rcpp version

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 20 20:36:41 CEST 2014

On 20 April 2014 at 20:18, Mitov Venelin wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| Had a look at your example (function named venelin). It seems to me that the problem is not only the const qualifier but also the passing of an argument by reference.
|
| uvec touvec(uvec& v) {    //fails!
|    return v;
| }
|
| uvec touvec(uvec v) {     // works!
|   return v;
| }
|
| Don’t know if this helps….

It seems the combination of either/or/both const and & AND use of uvec
triggers this.  A base uvec vector seems to pass in fine, as does const ref
use of a normal int vector.

I think we are being tripped up by a partial conversion. We will try to get
to it.  In the meantime, maybe just avoid 'uvec' which has no direct R
counterpart.