[Rcpp-devel] Compiling issue about Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Apr 18 18:37:30 CEST 2014

On 18 April 2014 at 09:12, Ian Fellows wrote:
| Looks like the same problem described here in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15489065/rcppeclipse-on-mac-os-x/15532241#15532241 due to Rcpp having a file named string.h which can conflict with std.
|
| Perhaps try using the -idirafter directive?

That issue is new to me (I missed that answer in the SO thread) and thinking
about it for two seconds makes me think it is a non-issue:

  -  the file is actually called String.h (so you need a case-insensitive OS
     for it to clash with string.h)

  -  it is included only as #include <Rcpp/String.h> ie via the Rcpp/ directory

  -  but in order to get it you would have to have this

        ${RcppPackageTopLevel}/include/Rcpp

     added to the include path (via -I or an settings somewhere) instead of
     the normal

        ${RcppPackageTopLevel}/include/

So I guess this bites you only if you're on a case-insenstive operating
system AND you also chose to add the include/Rcpp dir to the include path.

And removing the include/Rcpp from the include path (where it wasn't needed)
should fix it, no?