[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp is now at 200 CRAN and 27 BioC packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Apr 17 13:41:59 CEST 2014

Earlier this week we passes a new milestone: there are now 200 packages on
CRAN which use Rcpp.  And with the BioConductor 2.14 release, there are now
another 27 packages in BioConductor.

This is a very humbling number, and we are very happy that Rcpp is finding
such wide, and rapidly growing, use.

Speaking for the Rcpp Core team, we will try our best to maintain (and
extend) the interface and functionality provided by the package for your use
in "Programming with Data" (to quote John's wonderful book title).  R and C++
make a fantastic combination for that, and we are so glad our interface layer
and tool is finding such wide and growing use.