[Rcpp-devel] Generic R and C++ discussion

Smith, Dale (Norcross) Dale.Smith at Fiserv.com
Tue Apr 8 14:22:52 CEST 2014

As a user of Rcpp, with an interest in using R and C++ together, I would prefer that we have this discussion without rancor.

I'm subscribing to both lists because

* Rcpp works for me. I haven't upgraded since I don't want the hassle until the end of the year.
* Other ideas may work better.

I do have something that works well for me, as I'm able to compile my code in Visual Studio and also inside an R package with Rcpp and run tests of C++ implementations against R implementations. I use the R implementations to generate test cases for the Visual Studio hosted code. I'm pretty committed to Rcpp at this point.

I'm reluctant to change anything unless I see a clear benefit since making big changes is time away from my real work. I'll be following discussions on both lists as best as I can.

Thanks,
Dale Smith, Ph.D.
Senior Financial Quantitative Analyst
Financial & Risk Management Solutions