[Rcpp-devel] Compiled/installed version mismatch

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 6 07:11:42 CEST 2014

Xavier,

On 5 April 2014 at 23:20, Xavier Robin wrote:
| Is there a way to force a reinstallation on his side? From the rest of

I am not sure. For my use case, which is generally Linux and installation
from source, I provided parts of a script. It resides over in the rcpp-logs
repo, and I pointed to it in some of announcement emails.  I also used it on
a fair number of machines at home and work to update installations.

I am not sure what the best use case for windows users and binary packages
it, besides the obvious suggestion of new minor versions and an upgrade
cycle.  Windows end users generally do not compile so ...

| I remember a previous update of R that broke some packages without a
| namespace. It would print an error message stating that it was necessary
| to re-install the package. I don't know if this kind of things could be
| enforced with Rcpp as well - if so it would possibly give you more

We have less leverage as a mere package.

Regards, Dirk