[Rcpp-devel] RcppEigen not compiling under Solaris 10 INTEL

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Sep 30 23:16:55 CEST 2013

Hi Martyn,

On 30 September 2013 at 21:02, Martyn Plummer wrote:
| I've already been asked to look into this by Brian.  I can't say I've rolled up my sleeves very far, but the problem appears to be in Eigen itself.

Cool!  Good to know.

| I should clarify that I'm not volunteering to maintain RcppEigen, but I will provide patches as and when.

That too is appreciated!

The Eigen code on CRAN has not been updated in a while. The version number
(0.3.1.2.1) reflect both upstream Eigen 3.1.2 (two patch releases behind
Eigen in the 3.1.* series which is now at 3.1.4) and the mandatory change for
JSS once the paper was accepted.

Changing 3.1.2 to 3.1.3/3.1.4 may help. Or it may not.  Maybe 3.2.0 upstream
will help.

All this is now of somewhat greater importance as lme4 on CRAN uses
RcppEigen.  "Just make it work and freeze it" is one approach, updating to
current versions is another.

As I said, it's an open job for someone who wants to earn some karma.

But in any event, I am glad that you accepted that challenge.  Whichever
timeline you can work, it'll be appreciated.  We can set you up with R-Forge
commit privileges for this (and thereby the rest of Rcpp) as well.

Cheers, Dirk