[Rcpp-devel] Package checking using R-devel (3.1) and Rcpp

Robert Bruggner rbruggner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 22:21:26 CEST 2013

Hi Rcpp-devel,

I'm new to the Rcpp game so apologies if this question has be erroneously posted to this list.

I've recently taken over maintenance of a package (Rclusterpp) that makes heavy use of Rcpp & RcppEigen and have been trying to build and check the package for submission to CRAN. I'm currently working against R-devel (3.1, Mac OS X 10.8, G++ 4.8 via macports) and am able to successfully run the R CMD BUILD of the package. However, when I run R CMD CHECK --as-cran <mypackage.tar.gz>, I encounter the following NOTEs:

* checking dependencies in R code ... NOTE
Unexported object imported by a ‘:::’ call: ‘Rcpp:::RcppLdFlags’
 See the note in ?`:::` about the use of this operator.
See the information on DESCRIPTION files in the chapter ‘Creating R
packages’ of the ‘Writing R Extensions’ manual.

To the best of knowledge, my package makes no calls to Rcpp:::RcppLdFlags so I'm not sure what's going on here.

I do not get the same NOTE messages when building and checking using the current stable version of R (3.0.1), only the new development version. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I might be able to debug the problem? I don't think this message causes any functional problems with the package but ask because the package was not accepted for hosting on CRAN due to these NOTE messages.

Cheers,

-Rob