[Rcpp-devel] long long

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Sep 20 14:24:30 CEST 2013

Just to bring closure to this thread: Per Section 1.7 of the "Writing R
Extensions" manual, the 'C++98' standard, without any C99 extensions, is
prescribed by CRAN.

That explicitly excludes long long. So we are back to where we were years
ago: you only get 'long long' in Rcpp if you enable the '-std=c++11' (or
-std=c++0x') extensions not allowed at CRAN.

Sadly, two of the R manuals also (falsely) claim that no C++11 compliant
compilers exist. That changed in the summer of 2013, and I plan to file a bug
report against the manuals once R 3.0.2 is out next week.