[Rcpp-devel] [Summary] (Was: question re: LdFlags, RcppLdFlags

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 10 19:00:57 CEST 2013

On 10 October 2013 at 18:30, Romain Francois wrote:
| Rcpp::register attribute so that compileAttributes would also generate
| the registration code. So I don't need to use nm anyway.

At that point you can register the 'extern "C"' interfaces at the C
level. AFAICT that is the only portable choice we have.

Going via something like nm may work for compilers that 'walk and talk like
g++' but as you know the friends at CRAN have a wider standard.

| Anyway, as you said earlier, this thread is long enough.

Yes. Your problem starting this thread was solved many messages ago, the
public brainstorming really did not need to be unleashed on several hundred
subscriber.