[Rcpp-devel] RcppOctave on Windows: testing needed

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Tue Oct 8 16:32:21 CEST 2013

Le 08/10/13 16:21, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :

> On 8 October 2013 at 15:58, Romain Francois wrote:
> | But I fear that because too many depend on the current setting (Makevars,
> | Makevars.win, making a library and non portably link against it) it is not
> | likely to happen.
>
> As I see it, if one were to attempt to provide a drop-in replacement, one
> would have to make sure existing use as eg
>
>      PKG_LIBS = `$(R_HOME)/bin/Rscript -e "Rcpp:::LdFlags()"`
>
> doesn't fail. A function LdFlags() returning an empty string may suffice.
>
> So this might not be the biggest concern for any transition.  Actual drop-in
> behaviour might be more of an issue -- but that could be tested for.
>
> Dirk

Sure. As you can imagine, I went ahead and removed the LdFlags ...
functions from Rcpp11.

Of course, this could not be done that fast (perhaps ever) with Rcpp.

This represented quite a chunk of work anyway, and not the most pleasant
kind so I'm not sure I'd commit resources to do something similar in Rcpp.

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast