[Rcpp-devel] RcppOctave on Windows: testing needed

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za
Mon Oct 7 10:59:41 CEST 2013

Dominick, just to be sure: did you have Octave bin directory in your PATH
when you tested the package?
Because Octave dlls are also in that directory.

I am getting confused on which path/dll is to be used where. Currently I
build RcppOctave.dll linking against the dll.a files found in
"C:\Octave\Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2\lib\octave\3.6.4". But there are .dll files
(although named liboctave-1.dll and not liboctave.dll as I would expect) in
""C:\Octave\Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2\bin" where octave.exe. and
octave-config.exe also live.
I had tried loading the .dll.a files with dyn.load in R but got errors. The
-1.dll files load fine, and might be the ones I could load manually in
.onLoad.

Now, should I also link using the bin/ path and the -1.dll files?

Renaud