[Rcpp-devel] Installation tutorial for Rcpp, C++11, and 64-bit Windows

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 14:51:01 CET 2013

On Nov 23, 2013 11:39 PM, "Brian Templeton" <mrme at inbox.com> wrote:

I figured I'd write up what worked and post it on Rcpp list in case someone
else has similar problems:

http://batempleton.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/installing-rcpp-using-c11-on-windows-x64/

> -Brian

Thanks very much for the effort. I have coached Windows users through these
steps. This writeup will really help. The detail on adding to Win PATH is
especially good.

It never ceases to amaze me how "Program Files" is a curse on would be
programmers. Every Windoze user treats me like an idiot when I say "don't
install with spaces in the path." It is a tough lesson. Most 'user' things
work better with the default: When you do that, Emacs and Notepad++ can't
find R if you drop it in off the path.

pj
Paul Johnson
Lost my sig: http://pj.freefaculty.org