[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo and the version of Rcpp

Greg Distiller greg.distiller at uct.ac.za
Fri Nov 8 08:14:39 CET 2013

Hi

I hope its not inappropriate for me to post this as a follow up to my problems with getting RcppArmadillo to work. I tried to compile from source using R CMD INSTALL as Dirk suggested but am getting the error message below. I don't know if this particular problem is related to a small issue I had getting Rcpp to work from within RStudio: for some reason RStudio was not seeing the correct system environment path and so could not find the compiler. I managed to resolve this by explicitly setting the path when I start RStudio using Sys.setenv(). The error I get when trying to install RcppArmadillo is as follows (specifically see the errors at the bottom):

C:\Program Files\R\R-2.15.1\library>R CMD INSTALL RcppArmadillo*tar.gz

* installing to library 'C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.1/library'

* installing *source* package 'RcppArmadillo' ...

** package 'RcppArmadillo' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

** libs

*** arch - i386

cygwin warning:

  MS-DOS style path detected: C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-215~1.1/etc/i386/Makeconf

  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/R/R-215~1.1/etc/i386/Makec

onf

  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.

  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:

    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

g++  -I"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-215~1.1/include" -DNDEBUG -I../inst/include -I.   -I"C:/

Program Files/R/R-2.15.1/library/Rcpp/include"      -O2 -Wall  -mtune=core2 -c R

cppArmadillo.cpp -o RcppArmadillo.o

In file included from ../inst/include/RcppArmadillo.h:30:0,

                 from RcppArmadillo.cpp:22:

../inst/include/RcppArmadilloForward.h:99:33: error: 'ConstReferenceInputParameter' is not a template

../inst/include/RcppArmadilloForward.h:100:33: error: 'ReferenceInputParameter' is not a template

../inst/include/RcppArmadilloForward.h:101:33: error: 'ConstInputParameter' is not a template

make: *** [RcppArmadillo.o] Error 1

ERROR: compilation failed for package 'RcppArmadillo'

* removing 'C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.1/library/RcppArmadillo'

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Greg
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.