[Rcpp-devel] issue with example Makevars file in Rcpp skeleton folder

Chris Paciorek paciorek at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu May 23 03:14:55 CEST 2013

In creating a test package that uses Rcpp, I needed to add the following
line to the Makevars file that is in the skeleton folder of the Rcpp
package bundle:
PKG_CPPFLAGS=`Rscript -e 'Rcpp:::CxxFlags()'`
Otherwise, the compiler was not able to find Rcpp.h when installing my test
package.

I might be missing something, but shouldn't the PKG_CPPFLAGS bit be in
those example Makevars files?

Chris

Chris Paciorek

Statistical Computing Consultant, Associate Research Statistician, Lecturer

Office: 495 Evans Hall                      Email:
paciorek at stat.berkeley.edu
Mailing Address:                            Voice: 510-842-6670
Department of Statistics                    Fax:   510-642-7892
367 Evans Hall                              Skype: cjpaciorek
University of California, Berkeley          WWW:
www.stat.berkeley.edu/~paciorek
Berkeley, CA 94720 USA                      Permanent forward:
paciorek at alumni.cmu.edu