[Rcpp-devel] presentation

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed May 22 16:43:50 CEST 2013

On 22 May 2013 at 14:20, Smith, Dale (Norcross) wrote:
| Is it similar to the Revolution Analytics presentation
|
| http://www.revolutionanalytics.com/news-events/free-webinars/2011/
| successful-uses-of-r-sas-in-banking/
|
| I am unable to access meetup.com at work so hosting it on Rcpp Gallery would be
| greatly appreciated.

The Rcpp Gallery has a clearly defined scope:  short, succinct use cases,
"tricks" and applications involving Rcpp.

It also has a clearly documented way of contributing (see the linkt).  We
take submissions in .Rmd and .cpp with suitable markup.

And allow me to make it very plain: Rcpp Gallery is *not* a random hosting
site for semi-random Rcpp content, nor is it a means of circumventing one
user's corporate firewall.

I am very appreciative of Aileen's presentation, but if that content needs to
be hosted somewhere, maybe Aileen needs to start a blog or submit it
somewhere else.

I hope this clears up any possibly misunderstanding.