[Rcpp-devel] Broken wrapper code using .Call in R 3.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue May 14 20:18:29 CEST 2013

On 14 May 2013 at 17:54, Silkworth,David J. wrote:
| I am having trouble with broken builds on R-forge with code that never changed
| since previous builds, (I even had a successful previous build with R-3.0.1!!)

That happens to everyone...  Even Rcpp itself is at times broken.

| The error does not appear until example code in the man pages is run for
| functions including  .Call() for my RcppArmadillo code.
| The Error report indicates that the function identified by its string name is
| not available for .Call()
|
| My NAMESPACE still contains the original lines from RcppPackage.skeleton from
| years ago (mypackage, is of course substituted with my own package name].
|
| useDynLib(mypackage)
| exportPattern("^[[:alpha:]]+")
|
| I suspect the problem to be some change for R-3.x, but it is not obvious.  Has
| there been a change?

I cannot speak for R-Forge.R-Project.org and suggest you

  a) try to ignore this at best

  b) continue to test on your local system

On our systems, with R 2.15.*, R 3.0.0 and R 3.0.1.rc everything works just
fine with Rcpp 'as released' (ie 0.10.3) and from SVN.

If your experience is differemt, the best chance for tangible help is to
supply a reproducible example.