[Rcpp-devel] [rcpp-devel] Rcpp Gallery Example fastLm vs Rnative lm

Smith, Dale Dale.Smith at Fiserv.com
Thu Mar 21 18:46:40 CET 2013

At this point, I'm not interested in blazing speed, but in getting to know Armadillo itself.

Based on the thread

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.rcpp/3522

I'm not completely convinced that Eigen is faster than Armadillo on all problems. I did find some additional benchmarks, which are not perfect, but do lead me to the same conclusion.

http://nghiaho.com/?p=954

Some of you may find this document useful.

http://verdandi.sourceforge.net/doc/linear_algebra_libraries.pdf

Dale Smith, Ph.D.
Senior Financial Quantitative Analyst
Risk & Compliance