[Rcpp-devel] Successfully compiled qtdensity on Windows
jbuonagurio at exponent.com
Fri Mar 8 18:16:36 CET 2013
I have successfully compiled the RInside qtdensity example on Windows with the following packages:
- R-2.15.3-win binary distribution
- Qt 4.8.4 binary distribution (qt-win-opensource-4.8.4-mingw.exe)
- MinGW with gcc 4.4.0
- Rtools version 188.8.131.527 Cygwin utilities
- Rcpp_0.10.2.tar.gz from CRAN
- RInside_0.2.10.tar.gz from CRAN
The Rtools pre-4.6.3 gcc compiler was not used. Rcpp and RInside had to be installed from source under R i386 with INSTALL_opts=c("--no-multiarch") to prevent x64 compilation, which didn't work with gcc 4.4.0.
The included qtdensity.pro file worked perfectly with qmake && make.
Thanks to Dirk Eddelbuettel and Theodore Lytras for their earlier suggestions on this list.
More information about the Rcpp-devel