[Rcpp-devel] Initiate NumericMatrix in class constructor from S4 slot

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Wed Mar 6 08:23:23 CET 2013

There is no constructor of Matrix tht takes a SlotProxy. You can do it in two steps perhaps.

SEXP tmp = classS4.slot("M_R") ;
M = tmp ;

Or use a specific cast:

> M((SEXP)classS4.slot("M_R"));

In any case, you should use an initialisation list in your constructor anyway, something like:

> FirstClass::FirstClass(Rcpp::S4& classS4) : M( (SEXP)classS4.slot("M_R")) {}

Hiwever, i will add the missing constructor if this does not break anything else.

Romain