[Rcpp-devel] Regular Expressions

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Mar 2 02:18:38 CET 2013

On 1 March 2013 at 20:01, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
| On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
| > Other than Boost, we could possibly get access to the regexp libraries
| > already linked into R.  What use case did you have in mind?
| >

| I searched BH for regex and found nothing so I don't think BH includes
| Boost.Regex.

Could you register an issue ticket at the r-forge page for BH, please?  There
are other things missing too, of course, as we started pretty with the needs
of "just" bigmemory and RcppBDT.

| Ideally that would be accessible as well as the tre,
| pcre (and Henry Spencer routines via Tcl) that R itself uses.

With the R API being tied down more and more, I am unsure as whether we can
get to these.

But that said, Rcpp makes it pretty easy to link to external libraries -- so
you could always try working directly with, say, libpcre.