[Rcpp-devel] Consuming power of R outines through C++

Darren Cook darren at dcook.org
Mon Jun 17 14:44:32 CEST 2013

(Just trying to complement Dirk's answer.)

> 1. Is RCpp enough for calling in R through C++?

Yes, but you must have R installed. (Not just on your development
machine - machines that install your C++/Rcpp application will need to
have R installed.)

> 2. There is also a package (I think it is RCOM) that is used with a
> COM server which apparently allows invoking R routines through C++.

It appears RCOM is no longer open source software:
  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rcom/index.html
  http://rcom.univie.ac.at/

I would guess, as you are already comfortable with C++, that Rcpp will
be more to your taste. It is real C++, and real R... the downside being
you get the learning curve of both ;-)

Darren