[Rcpp-devel] What is the best practice to expose a C structure from 3rd

Steve Jaffe sjaffe at riskspan.com
Mon Jul 22 16:31:16 CEST 2013

On: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:12:54 +0800
Wush Wu <wush978 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Subject: [Rcpp-devel] What is the best practice to expose a C
> 	structure from 3rd party library into R?

> However, I still want to know if there is a better approach. I tried three
> approaches.

Have you considered the 'rdyncall' package as an alternative for wrapping an existing C library?

I have no personal experience but it looks extremely interesting, especially considering the list
 of libraries, some quite large, which have been successfully ported, as described in:

http://journal.r-project.org/archive/2012-1/RJournal_2012-1_Adler.pdf

If you do try it, I'd be interested in knowing what you think.

Regards,
Steve Jaffe
sjaffe at riskspan.com