[Rcpp-devel] R interface to the cloud?

andre zege andre.zege at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:37:47 CET 2013

I am trying to find some R API to the cloud service. It doesn't seem, very
surprisingly to me, that there were packages developed for that or maybe i
am missing something obvious. I found some experimental packages, one by JD
Long, that seem to have some relation to that, but nothing seems to have
what i am looking for. At the moment i am trying to find a solution for
simply putting files on the cloud and getting them from the cloud from R
code. Ideally something that just sends curl messages to the cloud and
processes responses. If not, then something that wraps around Java or
Python cloud API.

I'd be glad to do the work and make R interface like that myself -- i'd
just loath to re-build a bicycle, so if anything like that exists already,
a pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much
Andre